Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
We strongly urge all Guests to consider purchasing travel insurance!
Call or visit www.csatravelprotection.com to learn more.
This agreement constitutes a contract between the Guest(s) and Cody Lodging Company (CLC) as the Agent of the property Owner. Guest(s) acknowledges and agrees that this rental agreement is non-negotiable. Terms and Conditions may change without notice.
BOOKING A PROPERTY
1. Reservation Payment Requirements. Guest(s) must pay 50% of the rent upon booking to secure the reservation. Reservations made within fourteen (14) days of arrival require immediate payment of the full amount.
a. The initial payment must be by credit card, money order or cashier’s check and Guest must keep a credit card on file.
b. The remaining balance must be paid in full fourteen (14) days prior to Check-in. This payment will be automatically processed to the credit card on file, on the first business day nearest the due date. If funds are not available to process the final payment, and the balance is not paid by this deadline, the reservation may be canceled and the deposit forfeited by Guest(s).
c. Payment of the balance may be by personal check, money order, cashier’s check or credit card. Personal checks must clear the Agent’s account prior to any associated deadline. Please reference the reservation TRANSACTION ID in the memo section of the check or money order and allow ample time for delivery if sending by mail.
d. Payment(s) should be mailed to Cody Lodging Company, 1371Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY 82414.
2. Security. The primary credit card provided for payment may be used as a form of security for any Guest fines, fees, or additional services associated with Guest(s) reservations.
3. Occupancy. Guest(s) understands Agent will only accept reservations from adults 25 years of age or older. The Guest who initiates the booking will remain responsible for all other guest(s) or visitors during occupancy.
a. Rental rates are based on the occupancy limits advertised. Additional guests require prior approval and may incur additional charges per guest, per night. Children aged two (2) or younger do not count toward the total occupancy limit. Guest(s) agree that no more than the number of authorized guests will occupy the property. Guest(s) will incur a charge of $25.00 per night per additional unauthorized guest.
b. Visitors of the Guest(s) may not stay overnight without paying the additional guest charge and prior approval from Agent. No house parties, weddings, or other gatherings will take place without prior approval.
c. Check-in time is after 4:00 PM. No concessions, rate reductions, or refunds will be made for postponed occupancy due to conflicts out of Agent’s control.
d. Check-out time is no later than 11:00 AM. Check-out is strictly enforced to allow Agent adequate time to prepare the rental for the next guest. Please follow the check-out instructions included in the arrival packet.
e. Early arrival or late check-out may be available for an additional fee but requires prior Agent approval.
- Guest(s) must contact the office as soon as possible to extend reservation or if guest has become a hold-over for any reason. Hourly hold-over will be charged $25.00 per hour up to 3:00 PM; after 3:00 PM the full nightly rate will apply.
g. Pets are only allowed in certain properties and additional fees may apply. There may be restrictions on the quantity, size, or type of pet. Check with Agent to confirm the pet policy prior to booking.
4. Rates. Nightly and weekly rates are displayed on the individual property description, as are the minimum night requirements. Rates are subject to change without notice based on season and/or occupancy levels. Once a reservation is secured, the rate will not change unless the reservation is modified by the Guest(s).
- Security Deposit Protection Plan. The Security Deposit Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to Check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3000.00. Any damages that exceed $3000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi). The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and at, Check-in. You hereby authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly to Cody Lodging Company any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection Plan. Please contact Cody Lodging Company directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment (and arrange alternative cash deposit).
6. Cleaning Fee. The cleaning fee is mandatory and covers washing linens, cleaning dishes, replacing toiletries, removing trash, and other general cleaning. If excess cleaning is required, you will be notified and your credit card will be charged.
7. Specials, Promotions and Discounts. Additional savings programs must be requested at the time of booking and are subject to change. Contact Cody Lodging Company for confirmation of available specials, promotions, or discounts.
8. Confirmations. Reservation confirmation will be sent via e-mail to Guest(s). Please read the confirmation for accuracy of occupancy dates, pricing, mailing address, contact information, and any other accommodation requests. Report errors or changes to Agent immediately.
9. Availability. If a property becomes unavailable prior to occupancy due to circumstances outside of Agent’s control, Agent reserves the right to relocate Guest(s) to a different rental property, reschedule, or issue a credit for future use. If there are no comparable options the Guest(s) will be given a full refund without penalties.
a) Agent shall have the sole right to select such replacement rental property for bookings. Guest(s) will be refunded any difference in cost or responsible for any additional costs.
b) Any credit issued will not exceed the original amount collected.
10. Reservation Changes. Once a property is booked, changes may not be possible, particularly if reservations are already back-to-back or if the requested change results in a vacancy block that is unbookable. Approval of any reservation change is at the discretion of Agent, subject to availability, and a $100.00 Administrative Fee will be assessed.
11. Cancelation. Any cancelation request must be made in writing (Email, Fax or Certified Mail) and are not considered complete until Guest(s) receives confirmation in writing from Agent.
a) Guest cancelations within more than thirty (30) days prior to Check-In will forfeit 50% of deposited funds.
b) Guest cancelations thirty (30) days or less prior to Check-In will forfeit 100% of all deposited funds.
c) In the case of a cancelation, Agent will make a diligent effort to rent the property to another Guest for the same dates and rate. If the property is re-rented, you will receive a pro-rata refund for the rebooked dates, minus a $100 Administrative Fee.
12. Refunds. All eligible refunds will be issued to the credit card on file or by check to the original booking Guest. Cash Refunds are not available. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances and/or equipment, early departures, delayed arrivals, inclement weather, or other events out of Agent’s control. Some refunds require an additional reservation change fee.
13. Inclement Weather. It is the Guest(s) responsibility to monitor the weather and road conditions prior to arrival. Guest may contact the office to inquire about conditions while understanding Agent cannot predict the weather or road conditions throughout the region. Road conditions can change quickly and/or remain impassible for extended periods of time.
a) Agent may allow Guest(s) to reschedule within 72 hours of arrival. If guest does not reschedule within this time frame the agreement will not be changed or altered in any way.
b) If guest becomes a hold-over, the full nightly rate will be charged for each additional night.
c) It will become the Guest(s) responsibility to pay for any additional services requested.
d) Guests checking in at this time (accepting keys / taking occupancy of the property) understand they are proceeding at their own risk and should make the proper arrangements.
e) Should a Guest fail to check in, or elect to depart early, they will forfeit the reservation and all deposited funds.
14. Travel Protection Insurance. CSA Travel Protection Insurance is offered with your reservation. Vacation rental insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you consider purchasing travel insurance.
1. Listing Information. Property information and individual listings are believed to be accurate but the possibility of errors and omissions exists. Agent is happy to confirm all information or to answer any questions Guest(s) may have prior to booking the reservation.
2. Accommodations. All properties are privately owned, furnished, and equipped by the Owner. Agent cannot make changes to the furnishings or equipment provided. Under no circumstances will furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other item supplied with the rental property be taken out, replaced or rearranged.
3. Keys. Guest(s) are provided the code to a lock box maintained at the property and the keys are located inside this lock box. Guest is responsible for ensuring the keys are kept in the lock box and not removed from the property at any time. If the keys are not recovered, Guest will be charged the cost of rekeying all exterior doors.
4. Lockout. In the event Guest(s) is locked out of a property, Agent may open the property for the Guest and provide a second set of keys for a $25 fee.
5. After-Hours Information Number. If at any time guest requires assistance, please call the Cody Lodging Company office, if there is not an agent available an emergency contact number is noted on the answering machine.
6. Satellite, Cable Television and Electronics. Agent cannot guarantee programs, events, or subscription levels for various properties. Guest(s) should not attempt to use Pay-Per-View services or remove any locked channels. Guest(s) will not tamper with the wiring or modify configuration to add a gaming system or other devices.
7. Telephone / Internet Access. Some properties are equipped with a telephone line for local and emergency calls. Guest(s) agree to make all long-distance calls with a calling card or by calling collect with the assistance of an operator.
8. Repairs, Service Calls, and Emergency Mechanical Failure. Guest(s) understands and agrees that Agent cannot guarantee against mechanical systems failure during occupancy. Guest must report inoperative equipment or needed repairs to the office as soon as possible. Agent will make every effort to have repairs completed quickly. Agent reserves the right to move Guest(s) to another rental property if deemed necessary and subject to availability. No refunds, concessions, or rate adjustments will be made for these unforeseen circumstances. Should a repair technician make a call to a rental property unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to a Guest oversight or neglect, the charge for service shall be at the Guest(s) expense. Guest(s) understands and agrees that Agent, Agent's staff, and/ or contractor of Agent may enter the rental property at any reasonable time to make needed repairs.
9. Linens and Additional Linen Services. A full supply of linens is provided in each property. Bed linens and bath towels are not changed during your stay unless requested and additional fees apply. Bath towels should never be removed from the property or used for cleaning purposes unless specifically designated for that purpose. Stained, misused, or missing linens will be replaced at Guest(s) expense. A linen service and mid-stay cleaning service may be available for a fee. Note: Bath soap, toilet tissue, paper towels, and trash bags are provided in sufficient quantity to last for 1-2 days but are not replenished.
10. Trash and Litter. All trash must be bagged and placed in the available containers. Failure to bag trash will result in additional cleaning charges. If Agent discovers litter (trash, cigarette butts, cans or bottles, etc.) after Check-Out, additional fees shall be charged.
11. Grills. Properties equipped with outdoor cooking grills will use either propane or charcoal. Propane tanks should be turned off after each use. Never use charcoal in a propane grill or move the grill to any other location. Charcoal grills should be cleaned out after each use. Some properties may not allow grills due to fire risks.
12. Pets. Most properties do not allow pets. If you wish to have a pet stay with you, they must be approved prior to booking and additional fees may apply. Violation of a no-pet policy will result in Guest removal, forfeiture of all deposited funds, and an additional $200 fee.
13. Indoor Fireplaces, Exterior Features and Firewood. Indoor fireplaces and exterior features are available in many, but not all, properties. See property description to determine availability. If you are unfamiliar with fireplaces, please call for assistance.
1. Gas log fireplaces - Never Rearrange or tamper with gas logs. This is a major safety issue and could be hazardous to your health. Tampering will result in additional charges.
2. Wood-burning fireplaces and outdoor features - Always start with a small fire and build up to desired size. Remember to always ensure the flue is open and the screen/door is shut to avoid embers escaping the fireplace.
3. Rental Properties are provided with firewood for inside fireplaces ONLY. Due to the large volume of firewood with exterior fireplaces or fire pits, Guest(s) should pick up firewood for outside use.
14. Lost and Found. Agent is not responsible for personal property left behind, stolen or damaged during your stay. Every attempt will be made to locate lost items and return them, but there is no guarantee. Please check thoroughly before departure to ensure all personal items are removed from the property. Never leave valuables (cash, wallets, jewelry, cameras, etc.) unattended. Items will be held for no more than 30 days. Anything not retrieved within 30 days (or shipped at Guest’s expense) are donated to charity. There will be a minimum shipping charge of $25.00 for all returned items.
1. Guarantee. Agent cannot guarantee a specific rental property and reserves the right to change assignments without notice or liability if the rental property becomes unavailable for any reason outside of the Agent’s control.
2. Behavior and Disorderly Conduct. There should be no illegal activity at the rental property, to include drug use or underage drinking. Should a Guest(s) or visitor of Guest(s) be involved in any criminal activity while at the rental property, this rental agreement will be terminated and the Guest(s) evicted.
3. Firearms, Fireworks, and ATV's. These items are not to be used on any property without prior approval. Violations will result in a $500.00 fine and Guest(s) will be responsible for any damages associated with the use of said items.
4. Smoking. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED INSIDE ANY PROPERTY! Smoking is only permitted outside and cigarette butts should be disposed of in ash trays or designated areas. If smoking is discovered inside the rental, there will be a minimum $200.00 cleaning fee.
5. Interference. Neither Owner nor Agent shall be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to acts of nature, governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, inclement weather and/or construction noise from nearby sites. No rebates, concessions, or refunds will be offered in these circumstances.
We strongly recommend Guests consider purchasing vacation rental insurance.
6. Right of Entry. Agent reserves the right to enter the rental property to conduct an inspection at any time or for any reason.
7. Properties Listed For Sale. Some properties in the Agent rental program are listed for sale. The Real Estate agent has been informed not to show these properties while occupied by Guest(s). Guest(s) may be called and asked to allow a showing, but are not obligated to participate. If an Agent shows up unannounced, please instruct them to contact the office.
8. Agency Disclosure. Cody Lodging Company serves as the Agent and representative of all property owner(s) and is acting at all times in the best interests of the property owner(s).
9. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and Agent(s) for any liabilities, theft, damage, and cost whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of, or in connection with, Guest(s) use and occupancy of the property. This includes but is not limited to any and all amenities provided at the rental property such as bunk beds, lofts, hot tubs, fire pits, water front, etc. if available. The terms "Agent" and "Owner" as used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The term "Guest(s)" as used in this Agreement shall include Guest(s) heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the rental property during Guest(s) occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be at the rental property), where the context requires or permits.
10. Violating Agreement and Expedited Eviction. Agent may terminate this Agreement if Guest(s) violates any of the conditions set forth herein. Upon notice of termination of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the Premises immediately and forfeit all funds. A material breach of this Agreement by Guest(s), which, in the sole determination of the Agent, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Guest(s) or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Guest(s) tenancy. Violation of any of the rules contained herein will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all funds.
11. Denying Payment, Additional Fees, or Fines. If Agent must obtain legal advice or counsel for matters arising from payment discrepancy involving a Guest(s) or payment vendor such as a credit card company, Agent will seek rightful payment or collection. If disputes are transferred from Agent’s management to a collection team or attorney, Guest(s) of record will become responsible for all charges proved to be their responsibility including the cost of collection services.
12. Credit Card Guarantee and Acceptance. By submitting a reservation over the internet or by phone, Guest has entered in to a binding contract outlined by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. Upon submission Guest is authorizing Cody Lodging Company to bill charges relating to the rental and use of property. All credit card sales are final. Guest(s) understands and agrees to the refund and cancellation policies outlined herein. Any further notices or additional information will be provided upon arrival. Guest(s) signature will be required before taking occupancy.